Saturday, March 12, 2011

Banana Cake Bites

The other day I was in the mood for something sweet. I didn't have enough ingredients in my pantry to follow a recipe from any of my recipe books...so I thought I'd try to come up with something on my own. I know, I know...baking is a science. A little too much or too little of something and your dessert will flop. I was in an adventurous mood and thought I'd just try to create something and see what happens. Well, I guess I just got rather lucky that day...because my banana cake bites came out great! My husband and I have been eating them up like crazy (so good!). These bites have a consistency kind of between cake and a banana bread.


Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup milk (I used skim because it was all I had)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. honey
1 ripe banana, diced
4 pats of unsalted butter, at room temperature


To start out I took two of these Nordic Ware Mini Bundt Tea Cake-Candy Mold pans and sprayed them with some nonstick cooking spray. Heat your oven to 350F. Next you will combine your dry ingredients in a mixer (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon). Add in the eggs and milk. Next you will add in the 4 pats of butter. If you forgot to let them get to room temperature (which I swear I always forget to do) warm the butter in your hands. After that is mixed, add in vanilla extract, honey, and banana. Place the mixture into the molds, not quite to the top because it will rise a little. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment